Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day Reflections

So many things to be thankful for indeed!
1- I'm home for the holiday this year!
2- My brother's in-laws (basically Marla) was pouting that I couldn't make it over there this weekend, which means they love me :)
3- Met my new doggie nephew, Buddy. A black golden-doodle! Very Cute!
4- I'm on the verge of full recovery for my knee!
5- I have a wonderful home to come home to, which includes my family, pets and friends!
6 - It's now officially Christmas season :)
7- Although I may not know exactly what my life is going to look like in a year - I have been blessed with many talents and I'm excited to see how God is going to use them!

I miss my adventures. I'm making new ones everyday though in some way or another or at least making new memories. Mom and i have been watching a lot of Hallmark movies and they always make me feel good inside. There was one though that portrayed a big-time lawyer and she got magically put into a different life that had a husband and kids. I could empathize with her in both lives. She had a killer down-town office, then the next moment she was tucking in two adorable children. I hope to not have to choose one life over the other someday, but if I did, I would now find myself choosing the later. But why worry about tomorrow - there's a verse about somewhere in the Bible. So, I'll do my best not to and live in today! And my plans for the rest of the day are to help daddio put lights up, do a little grocery shopping and have dinner with two of my best girlfriends from high school! We are going to cook dinner, watch a movie and because we're old enough and it's yummy - drink some wine! :)

Boiler Up tomorrow! Oaken Bucket Game and my last football game as a college student, and I'm taking my daddy. Couldn't think of a better person to spend it with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment